I started attending interaction design and marketing classes in course of Interaction/Game Design at HTW Berlin. I was given the option to join a game development team. All internal teams use UDK, CryEngine or Unity, so I decided to join one of the many open source projects out there.
Here’s a list of projects I contacted (and how and what tasks we discussed):
- CubeCreate (IRC: developing editor usability concept)
- 0 AD (IRC, forums, IRC: interest in video recording and operating Facebook and Twitter pages)
- Megaglest (IRC: main interest in marketing)
- PARPG (IRC, forum: I was warned about early game design stage)
- Ryzom (IRC, forum, IRC: suggested editor UI design and marketing)
- LinWarrior3D (Email: a wide range of interesting tasks)
I will write a Free Gamer post to advertise the open positions I discussed with the project members.