- Don’t make games with neutral feel, make them familiar and cute [source #2: Triple Town]
- Don’t stick to the first design, iterate and iterate again
Steamirds out for iDevices by Danc
- Complex gameplay does not mean complex interface
- Hardware is not part of a game – port
Don’t take your time by Leanne C. Taylor
- No long intro
- Core mechanics need to be introduced ASAP
- Don’t start with the (hi)story, let the player discover it while playing
Animation Blending – Inverse Kinematics by Jerry Edsall
I can’t do it. Whenever I try to read it, I get distracted and want to run. Even though it is related to Mechs and even though I love how their legs and body can be rotated individually.
Two indie developers chatting by Charlie
- Indies need office hours too!
- Some developers scrap, others “make big changes”
So.. what are the readers of this blog reading on game developmen? :)