I was helping a bit to realize the A Maze Indie Connect Games Exhibition, at which nominees for the award and some other games were shown. I designed the labels and gave a hand with tech and physical tasks.
I learned a few things:
- Design simple labels next time (use Australian Museum’s label guide).
- Use dirty style and you can print low quality (cheap) without hurt feelings.
- Place the exhibition in the socializing area of the conference, rather than in two spaces, even if they are close to each other.
- Find out what systems are available for rent and tell contest entrees their specs so they can say “ok” or “won’t run”.
- Start early, plan more, time means quality.
I see Miguel as the main mind behind the concept of the exhibition.